Published for over 53 years, Hudson’s Washington News Media Contacts Guide brings you immediate access to over 3,000 news organizations and their holdings, and more than 4,000 key media contacts.
This edition captures major changes like the merger of Tribune Broadcasting and Nexstar Media Group, the acquisition of Gannett by GateHouse Media, and a new owner for the LA Times. Hudson’s Washington News Media Contacts Guide is arranged in the following sections:
- News Services: Includes General News, Specialized News, Photo Services, and City Wires.
- Newspapers with D.C. Bureaus: Newspapers that are HQ elsewhere, but have news bureaus in D.C. These listings are divided into General News and Specialized News.
- Newspapers Headquartered in the D.C. Metro Area: Separated by General and Specialized News, these are HQ in D.C. proper, or nearby Maryland and Virginia.
- Foreign News: Includes both News Services and Newspapers, with country/city of origin, that are based in other countries, but maintain a news bureau in the D.C. Metro Area.
- Syndicates and Columnists: Major syndicates whose columnists operate primarily in the D.C. Metro Area.
- Radio & TV Stations: Includes Guest Programs; Stations HQ elsewhere, with bureaus in D.C.; Stations HQ in the D.C. Metro Area; and Foreign Stations HQ with bureaus in D.C.
A detailed Table of Contents and a User’s Guide help users navigate the 20 sub-categories included in the guide. Additionally, four indexes assist users in locating the exact place or person they are looking for:
- Entry Name Index: An alphabetical listing of all media listings.
- Geographic Index/Foreign Media: A country/city guide to all foreign media sources with a presence in D.C.
- Personnel Index: An alphabetical listing of all key media contacts.
- Magazine Subject Index: Includes 75 categories from Advertising to Urban Affairs.
This 2020 edition of Washington News Media Contacts Guide is an indispensable key to those news media contacts based in our nation’s capital. As news outlets continue to merge, fold, and reinvent themselves, this work is an ideal resource for public relations and marketing professionals, journalists, association officials, political consultants, lobbyists, and anyone interested in getting their story heard in the Washington arena.
This kind of comprehensive and up-to-date information would cost thousands of dollars to replicate or countless hours of searching to find. This volume will save time as you either search for news specialists interested in your story, or field story requests as a member of the media. The organization and arrangement of information is designed to pinpoint precisely the right person at the right media outlet. Don’t miss this opportunity to have this important resource in your collection, and start saving time and money today.
Whether in print or online, Hudson’s Washington News Media Contacts Guide is the perfect research tool for Public Relations, Marketing, Networking, and so much more. Plus, anyone looking to start a career in media, communications, and journalism will find thousands of leads for internships, job searches, and career-building. This resource is a gold mine of information and would be a welcome addition to any reference collection.
Want more insight into the database? Click here and fill out the form to receive more information about our online database subscriptions and mailing list downloads.