Highlights of this brand new third edition include:
- 339 A-Z entries, 51 of them new to this edition, with See Also references that knit together people, cases & crimes throughout the two volumes
- New entries in this updated edition include Governor Chris Christie, Representative Aaron Schock, Federal Judge G. Thomas Porteous, Russian Hacking during the 2016 Presidential election, Senator Ted Stevens, Senator Leland Yee and many more
- Nine helpful Appendices provide important overviews of scandal groups (governors, senators, procedural rules, and more)
- A full range of Illustrations, including political cartoons, photos, along with graphs and tables to provide more context
- A comprehensive, in-depth Historical Chronology of major political scandals in US history, from colonial times to the present
- Expanded Primary Documents, now 67 pieces, section provides important and immediate resources for researchers. Sources include The Washington Post, The New York Times, and The Chicago Tribune
- An annotated Bibliography & Suggested Readings round out the rich resources available in these two volumes
Students, scholars, and other readers interested in American history, political science, and ethics will appreciate this survey of a wide range of corrupting influences. This title focuses on how politicians from all parties have fallen because of their greed and hubris, and how society has used electoral and judicial means against those who tested the accepted standards of political conduct.
This title is an important look at how our political system developed and changed and the forces that compelled these changes. With its comprehensive coverage of this interesting topic, this new edition of Political Corruption in America: An Encyclopedia of Scandals, Power, and Greed will prove to be a useful addition to the reference collections of all public libraries, university libraries, history collections, political science collections and high schools.
Buy the Print and Get Free Online Access on the Popular Salem Press/Grey House Platform!
Political Corruption in America comes with FREE ONLINE ACCESS on the popular Salem Press/Grey House platform, http://online.salempress.com. With unlimited users and remote access included, your students and researchers can now search this amazing collection of data, anytime & anywhere.